'C.A.P.T.U.R.E.' Video Surveillance Equipment Registration Program
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
Many residents and business owners operate surveillance systems at their homes and/or businesses that record public areas. As crimes occur nearby, those camera systems may have captured information that could help solve the case.
The Robbinsville Township Police Department (RTPD) is asking residents and business owners to register their privately owned surveillance camera systems. As RTPD responds to criminal incidents within its service area, police may be able to use the information or footage gathered from exterior security cameras in the area to assist in apprehension and prosecution. There is no fee required to register your camera system. This is not an active surveillance program being operated by our department, and our department will not have direct access to any of the registered private camera systems. The completed registration information will be housed in a secure network and your information will be kept confidential.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF REGISTERING YOUR CAMERA SYSTEM?
The C.A.P.T.U.R.E. program will help our officers quickly identify nearby cameras that may have captured criminal activity. After registering your camera, you will only be contacted by the Robbinsville Township Police Department if there is a criminal incident in the vicinity of your security camera system. Our officers, if necessary, may request to view your camera footage in order to assist in an investigation. By registering your system with its exterior cameras, you can help make Robbinsville Township an undesirable place for criminals to commit crime and keep your entire community safe.
The goal of the C.A.P.T.U.R.E. program is to solve crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Robbinsville Township Police Department (RTPD) and the communities we serve. Accordingly, by registering your camera system, you are indicating your agreement to the following terms:
• Registration is voluntary and there is no cost associated with registration
• Registering your system does not provide RTPD with direct access to your system or cameras
• You may ask to remove your system registration at any time
• Your information will be kept confidential by the RTPD unless subject to disclosure by law or court order
• If there is a crime in the vicinity of your camera(s), you may be contacted by the RTPD to request to view or copy the video if it would assist in the investigation or prosecution of a crime
• Under no circumstances are registrants acting as an agent or employee of the RTPD or Robbinsville Township through their participation in this program
• This program does not and cannot provide active surveillance of your property, and is not to be construed as a promise or obligation to provide any additional level of safety or security to your property.